San Jose Woman's Club provides an inclusive space to build friendship, community, and support for women and all who support them. Join members and friends at virtual events through Zoom, in-person at our historic Clubhouse, or at a community partner event at locations throughout Silicon Valley.
The Club, one of California's oldest women’s organizations, was established in 1894 as part of a nationwide social movement of women’s clubs that combined self-improvement with voluntary community work, addressing needs that interested women, such as kindergartens, libraries, and parks. Today, the San Jose Woman's club is no longer a same-sex organization, but it continues to focus on supporting women and the community as a 501C3 non-profit organization.
Membership is open to all. Check our Calendar of Events for a complete listing of upcoming events.
We are women who get things done.
- We are successful in our careers and we take those abilities and learnings and apply them to the community.
- We roll up our sleeves and work hard together whether it’s organizing an event, speaking to our community, or cooking lunches for the under-served.
We make a difference.
- We work collaboratively together to solve problems that impact our community.
- We help mentor local girls at computer camp to help better their future.
- We attend a book and cultural group to talk about what interests us.
- Or, perhaps we just want to attend the big gala fundraisers.
Do you want to join us?
- We don’t put requirements on your schedule or time.
- We know you have a busy schedule and time is a commodity.
- You choose the activities and groups that make sense to you.
- There are no minimum meeting requirements or financial obligations.
We will be here, and have been for over 125 years.
- Events at the club build lifelong friendships and the opportunity to meet like minded new friends.
- Providing leadership and mentoring for women.
- Endowing scholarships for local students.
- Funding local and women’s charitable organizations.
- Preserving the elegant Historic Venue.
- Performing charitable work.
Since its founding in 1894, the San Jose Woman’s Club has been dedicated to supporting the city’s cultural, educational, civic and community initiatives through charitable works and financial gifts including:
- Hosting the eBay Computer Camp for Girls at SJWC, in partnership with eBay’s Women in Technology group. The one-week camp provided mentoring for 30 at-risk girls between the ages of 8 and 11 who attend nearby Horace Mann Elementary.
- Support of women in transition by gathering and distributing women’s undergarments, hosting an annual tea or make over day, and throwing the annual OktoBRAfest fundraiser.
- Providing lunch and activities once per month for a local downtown shelter.
- Making pocket bears distributed by the police and fire departments, Halloween treat bags and Christmas stockings for children in need.
The San Jose Woman's Club has a long history of Charitable Giving. Check out the organizations we support.