Charities We Support
Proceeds from the rental of San Jose Woman’s Club historic venue, member and community donations, and proceeds from fund-raising activities support local charities that share the mission of the Club.
Charitable Giving Requests
In addition, a portion of SJWC’s annual budget is allocated to charitable giving. Charitable giving requests are evaluated by the Charitable Giving Committee and approved by the SJWC Board of Directors. The deadline for submitting requests for the 2018-2019 fiscal year is November 1, 2018. Anyone can submit a charitable giving request for an organization. Charitable Giving grants are announced in December.
2018-2019 Charitable Giving Donations
During the 2018-2019 fiscal year. San Jose Woman’s Club supported the following organizations with cash donations
- San Jose Chamber Orchestra
- Next Door Solutions to Domestic Violence
- ISPF-AAUW of SCCo., Gifts for Teens
- Sunday Friends Foundation
- Olinder Elementary School
- 13th St Cat rescue
- Pet Awareness Welfare Society for San Jose Animal Care and Services (PAWS for SJACS)
- Opera San Jose
- San Jose Day Nursery
- Hope Services