Change is in the Air!
Memberships for existing members are automatically extended for an additional year at no additional charge.
All annual memberships renew on July 30th.
Membership is prorated after January 1st.
$45 General, $30 students or seniors.
(up to 24 yrs)
Networking and Mentoring – Fellow professionals work together to benefit the community, preserve the Historic Venue, and share experiences to grow their skill sets.
Philanthropy – Members generously support the local community through planning and attending fundraisers, performing charitable work, and determining directed donations.
Speaker Series – The speaker series, “Words from Women of Wisdom,” features notable women of Silicon Valley and highlights the achievements of these influential women.
Annual and Special Events Throughout the year – SJWC hosts many events at the Historic Venue including the LUNAFEST film festival, Opera with the Stars Luncheon, and Gingerbread House Decorating Party. Members pay discounted admission to all events.
SJWC Groups – Activity Groups allow for participation in areas of special interest. Groups meet regularly and include Women in Technology and Leadership, Voices in Action, and Be a Dear and Donate a Brassiere, which collects and distributes undergarments for women in need.
We have much to be thankful for at the San Jose Woman’s Club. Our focus on our three-fold mission of charitable giving, friendship, and preserving our Historic Venue continues through the hard work of staff and volunteers and through generous donations to the Club.
- This past fiscal year, we have donated more than $25,000 to organizations that support our mission, including Opera San Jose, Breast Cancer Fund, Sempervirens Fund, San Jose Day Nursery and Next Door Solutions.
- We supported women in our community through our LUNAFestival for cancer, the Bloomie Dropper Party fundraiser for women in need, and Be a Dear and Donate a Brassiere provided first Make Over Day, which allowed over 30 women in transition to feel fabulous.
- We continue to preserve and protect our landmark Historic Venue. We look forward to the new year when we pay off our loan for the significant electrical upgrade we completed in 2014 and plan for air conditioning.
We couldn’t do any of this without your generous donations. Your contribution to the San Jose Woman’s Club goes straight to work on our mission.
Attitude of Gratitude Program: You will receive special thank you gifts and your name and generosity will be listed in the Member Book for donations of $100* or more.
- $100 or more: SJWC Donor Mug
- $250 or more: SJWC Donor Tote
- $1,000 or more: SJWC Donor Crystal bookend, tote bag, and mug
- Memorial or tribute gift – Remember a loved one, donate to honor someone for a birthday, or find a unique gift for that Club member in your life. A special card will be sent to the recipient or recipient’s family plus your name and generosity will be listed in next year’s Member Book.
Shop at Amazon? Help raise money for the SJWC club!
Donor Sweetheart Party
In February 2016, San Jose Woman’s Club inaugurated the Donor Sweetheart Party to thank the generous donors who support the Club throughout the year. Gifts from the President’s Year End Campaign were awarded at the event and attendees enjoyed a delightful dessert buffet.
Crystal Donors ($1K and more)
|Sandy Swirsky & Lyle Merithew|
Silver Donors ($250 and more)
|Alice Gosak Gary
|Valley Heritage Questers|
Bronze Donors ($100 and more)
|Betty Ann Chandler|
|Deanne La Torre
|PACSJ: Preservation Action Council of San Jose|