The San José Woman's Club has been a formal organization since 1894, when nine women first gathered to discuss forming an alliance. At that time, women across the nation were forming clubs to study and discuss various topics of importance.
Today, SJWC is focused on providing scholarships for local students, funding local and women's charitable organizations, preserving its landmark Clubhouse, and providing a home for like-minded people to gather together to enjoy camaraderie and work on mutual goals. Download the Club backgrounder for more information.
Funds for SJWC's charitable work come from donations, fundraising events, and rental of our historic Clubhouse. Help Preserve SJWC's mission by donating now. You can aslo shop Amazon smile to donate. Click here for information about renting the Clubhouse for your event or meeting.
- Read all about SJWC events and news in our email bulletin, The Poppy.
- San Jose Woman’s Club is honored to be the non-profit partner for "Other Desert Cities,"presented by City Lights Theater. The show runs through October 23.
To donate $5 of your ticket price to SJWC, order tickets at cltc.org/ticket & enter SJWC in the Promotional or Season Pass Code box.
October 16 is SJWC day. Purchase your tickets with the promo code and join us for the 2:00 p.m. matinee. After the show, meet us at Café Stritch for a cash-bar social hour.
- Hear our 2015-2016 Vocal Scholar Shaina Levin perform a selection of light classics at a free concert at SJWC on Thursday, Oct. 27 at 2 p.m. Get details.
- Know a charity SJWC should be supporting? SJWC is accepting Charitable Giving Donation Requests till November 1. Download the Charitable Giving Request form.
- SJWC is marching in San Jose's annual Veterans Day Parade. Get details.
- Join SJWC and PAC*SJ for Throwback Thursday Movie Night on Thursday, November 17. Get tickets and details.
- Tickets and sponsor opportunities are available now for our annual Gingerbread Decorating Party on Sunday, November 27.
- Women and Art: Hear Barbara Goldstein, Public Art Director for the City of San Jose from 2004 to 2013, speak at our next Words from Women of Wisdom on Wednesday, November 30. Get details and tickets now.
- OktoBRAfest on Sunday, October 2, was enjoyed by all who attended. More than $2,000 was raised for women in need.
- The Bloomie Dropper Party on Thursday, September 15, was a success. Guests donated more than 1,300 pairs of new women's panties and over $1,600 for HomeFirst Services.
Find us on Social Media