The San José Woman's Club has been a formal organization since 1894, when nine women first gathered to discuss forming an alliance. At that time, women across the nation were forming clubs to study and discuss various topics of importance.
Today, SJWC is focused on providing scholarships for local students, funding local and women's charitable organizations, preserving its landmark Clubhouse, and providing a home for like-minded people to gather together to enjoy camaraderie and work on mutual goals. Download the Club backgrounder for more information.
Funds for SJWC's charitable work come from donations, fundraising events, and rental of our historic Clubhouse. Help Preserve SJWC's mission by donating now. Your donation is fully tax deductible.
You can also shop Amazon smile to donate. Click here for information about renting the Clubhouse for your event or meeting.
- Opera with the Stars Gala Luncheon, Thursday, March 2: Join us for an elegant luncheon, fabulous silent auction, and live performances by the stars of Opera San Jose at our annual fundraiser for our San Jose State University Scholarship Program. Tickets and sponsorhsips opportunities.
- Irish Night, Friday, March 17: You won’t need the luck of the Irish to have more than a wee bit of fun at this festive evening featuring Irish food, drink and music!
- Women in the Wild: Words from Women of Wisdom, Wednesday, March 29: Jena Sorrells, Camp Supervisor at San Jose Family Camp, will tell us how women are connecting with the wild at the latest installment of our women's speaker series, featuring prominent women of the South Bay, discussing how women can make a difference in today’s world.
- LUNAFEST San Jose 2017, Friday, Jan. 20: More than 150 attendees enjoyed a great evening of film, fun, and food at our annual Women's Short Film Fest and we raised more than $12,000 for the Breast Cancer Fund, Sempervirens Fund and Local Charities.
- Celebrity Chef Vegan Dinner featuring Miyoko Schinner, Thursday, Jan. 26: More than 150 attended ths fabulous evening of vegan food, drink and fun benefitting Rancho Compasión.
Find us on Social Media